The recipe for milk torrijas is surely the most traditional of all when we talk about Easter recipes. Torrijas can be made in many ways, with honey, wine, even with liquid custard, and they are all delicious. This time, Guiainfantil.com proposes to prepare some Spanish torrijas, which you can dislike not only at Easter but also at other times of the year, in family celebrations.
This time we are going to make the Easter torrijas in the traditional way, with milk, sugar and cinnamon.
- 1 loaf of bread from the day before or special for torrijas.
- 1 liter of milk
- 100 g of margarine or butter according to taste
- 1 dl of oil
- 1 egg
- Cinnamon stick or powder
1. Cut the bread into slices approximately 1 cm thick.
2. Boil the milk with a cinnamon stick and a lemon rind. Add two tablespoons (soup spoons) of sugar when removing the milk from the heat and stir so that the sugar dissolves.
3. When the milk is warm, soak the bread slices for about an hour, carefully removing them to drain on a tray or platter for a couple of hours.
4. Subsequently, coat the slices in beaten egg and fry them in a mixture of margarine and oil, until golden brown.
5. After frying, sprinkle in a bowl with mixed sugar and cinnamon powder. And serve them as a dessert or snack.
You can read more articles similar to Spanish torrijas for Easter, in the category of Easter and Easter on site.