We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Because it is not the same to be the older brother than the little brother. Because it is far from the same to be the middle brother ... or the fourth brother who came by surprise some time later ... Because the order of the factors in this case does matter ... We analyze from a study how the order of arrival influences the childhood of each of your children to the family.
No, having one child is not the same as having two or three ... or more! It is not the same to be the older brother than the little one. The therapist's study Mary wallace and the psychologist's studies Alan Stewart they are quite conclusive and significant. They analyze what children are like depending on the order in which they were born. And this are the results:
- The older brother: He is the leader of the brothers. At least that's how it feels. You acquire a greater load of responsibility and this makes you gain self-esteem and leadership skills. As if this weren't enough, older siblings have been shown to have higher IQs. This may be because parents turn to their first child and have more time (until the arrival of the second) to stimulate him. So also acquire more vocabulary. However, they also suffer a greater weight of responsibility and this can make them feel more stressed, push themselves too hard, and constantly strive not to let their parents down.
A curious data? Most NASA astronauts have been firstborn in their families.
- The middle brother: Children born second are very creative children and great negotiators. Why? The reason is that they must compete with the older brother. The parents no longer have as much time as they did with the elder, and the middle brother must occupy his time with other tasks. This helps them develop their creativity or ingenuity. And of course, they have great pacification skills among their brothers, both the older and the younger, and they are very tolerant. They know exactly how to get along with everyone.
A curious data? The men who have gone down in history as great and influential negotiators have been children of 'in the middle', such as US presidents J.F. Kennedy or Abraham Lincoln or like Martin Luther King or Nelson Mandela.
- The little brother: Little brothers are great entrepreneurs. It is not true that parents spend much more time with it, the other way around. In fact, third parties often feel 'left out'. Therefore, they seek their own place. They are original, eccentric and somewhat rebellious (a way to get the attention of their parents). And when seeing how his brothers achieve things that he cannot do yet, a strong feeling of frustration is often generated in them, which can make them stronger, or on the contrary, generate in them low self-esteem. Because younger siblings are less burdened with responsibility, they tend to relax and live life with less stress. The rules for them are relaxed and they feel more free. For these they tend to become adults with a good mood and less self-demand. In fact, young children are often the most fun.
A curious data? They are younger brothers Bill Gates, Michael Jackson, Edison, Julia Roberts ...
- Only children: Being an only child does not have to be traumatic for them. It has its advantages and disadvantages. On the one hand, they get the exclusive attention of their parents and do not have to compete with anyone. They have more encouragement and attention so that you develop all your personal skills. However, what you may see diminished are your social skills, as siblings are a great way to practice coexistence.
In the case of large families, according to these studies, the most affected siblings are those in the middle. While it is also clarified that the age difference matters. The fewer years they take with each other, the more they will compete with each other.
However, if you don't identify with any of these traits, don't worry. The creators of the study themselves warn that this only occurs in 60% of cases. Maybe you are in the remaining 40%. Many other factors also influence all of this, such as the sex of the children or the age of the parents.
You can read more articles similar to How are your children according to the order in which they were born, in the category of Brothers on site.