We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The Lent it is the period of forty days that begins with Ash Wednesday and ends in Holy Week. Tradition indicates that during this time you can not eat meat (at least on Fridays) so this food is replaced by others such as fish or legumes. Based on this, the call arises Vigil Potaje or Lent, which combines the traditional cod with chickpeas and spinach. It is a complete and balanced dish, with many nutrients that are ideal for children's diets.
- 300 gr. chickpeas
- 250 gr. desalted cod
- 300 gr. fresh spinach
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 thick slices of bread
- 1 tablespoon of sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Olive oil
1. The night before soak the chickpeas in a pot with plenty of water and salt.
2. Sauté the two whole garlic cloves together with the bread in a pot. When they take color they are removed and crushed until obtaining a paste (you can add some water). Reserve.
3. Using the same oil, fry the chopped onion. When it is transparent, add the paprika and cumin, and fry lightly, turning so that it does not burn.
4. Add the chickpeas and enough water to cover them. When hot, add the garlic paste and bread.
5. Cook the chickpeas until tender (between 45 minutes and three hours depending on the pot).
6. Add the spinach and cod, and cook for a few more minutes. Serve immediately.
The Children's Guide trick: Add two bay leaves to the water while the stew is cooking, it will give it a very special aroma.
You can read more articles similar to Vigil Potaje. Traditional Lenten recipe, in the category of Legumes on site.